- Flash-light interactive capibilities
- Multiple Page Sizes in one document
- Live Corner Effects
- Track Changes
- Multi-column text span
- Gridify feature
- Gap Tool
- Layer panel ala Illustrator
- Background Export
- Content Indicator for editing images
- Tool Tips panel
- Document Fonts when packaging files
- Mini Bridge
- Metadata captions
- Numerous little improvements
- Live Preflight
- Spread Rotation
- Conditional Text
- Nested Line Styles & GREP Styles
- Smart Guides
- Smart Place
- Improved Links panel
- Smart Text Flow with Auto-Page Insertion/Deletion
- "Drill Down" Dialog Boxes when creating styles
- Place multiple Illustrator Artbards
- Export to SWF and FLA
- Interface improvements (Application Frame, Power Zoom, etc.)
- Table and Cell Styles
Pasting Tabbed Text into Tables.
- Photoshop Transparency Effects: Additional transparency effects such as inner glow, outer glow, bevel, emboss, inner shadow and satin, which can be applied to objects.
- Transparency improvements: Transparency can be applied independently to the stroke, fill, or text of an object, or to an entire object.
allowing find/change on object attributes, saving queries, support for regular expressions and customizing the scope of the search.
- Bullets & Numbering Improvements:
including section/hierarchical numbering and allowing skipped paragraphs in lists.
- Text Variables can contain page count, date, modification date, file name or custom text.
- Print Selected Layers:
In Layers panel designate layers to print or not.
In the Print and PDF Export, select which layers to output
- Placing INDD files, which acts like a placed PDF
- Relink All Instances of a single graphic
- Loading master pages from other documents and syncing master in book
- Multiple Selection in the Place dialog
- Find Font edits style definitions
- Master page improvements
master page objects can be set to not be overridden.
Cmd + Shift + marquee select to override all objects in selection.
Master objects have dotted stroke; No-override objects have no frame
- Print Booklet
- Text wrap on master pages:
(accessible via the context menu or the Text Wrap panel).
- Style Sets:
User-customizable folders in the Paragraph and Character Styles panels for organization of styles.
- Expanded Quick Apply
- Looping in Nested Styles:
repeat the style sequence through to the end of the paragraph.
- Control panel customization
- Tool navigation:
Esc to select text frame from text context
Double-click on frame handle to fit frame to content.
Double clicking on a graphic frame will toggle selection tools.
Double clicking on an object that is a member of a group will select that individual item.
- Merge Identically Named Layers on Export for PDFs exported from a book
- Hyphenation contains a control for Hyphenate Across Columns.
- Drop Cap improvements:
Align to Text Edge adjusts the left side, and Adjust for Descenders
- Script UI: There have been improvements to allow scripts to more easily create UI within InDesign.
- Script Attachability: The user can make a script run when a menu item is invoked.
- Default location for assignments and assigned content, and file management for assignments
- InCopy Email-based Assignments using the Package for InCopy
This command will take all the stories in an assignment, check them out, zip them into a file and open the default email client. The external contributor send the assignment back via the Package for InDesign commands.
- InCopy plug-ins will be installed by default
- Assignments panel improvements: Drag & drop from layout to panel to assign stories and graphics; story reordering done in the panel is remembered.
- InCopy files now contain proxy/preview images
- Default location for assignments and assigned content, and file Ghosting Unmanaged Stories
- When opening an assignment, stories not included in that assignment will be dimmed or ghosted back.
- Import CALS tables as InDesign tables: There will be an additional option in the Import Options dialog when importing XML, to convert any CALS tables in the incoming XML into InDesign tables.
- Apply XSLT on import: There will be an additional option in the Import Options dialog when importing XML, to specify an XSLT to be applied to the incoming XML.
- XML Rules: Users will be able to create a set of layout rules via scripting, which can be applied to incoming or existing XML to perform actions such as formatting, and creating frames. This feature is only accessible via scripting.
- Insert Parent Element command: An new command to insert a parent element above a selected element is available in the Structure view menu or the context menu when an element is selected.